HOLLYWOOD, CA – While our MTM Search Party tries to find West Coast Craig, who was hijacked by a new band of Cyber Terrorists, we figured we better get in here and give you Great Americans something to read on this National Holiday… With that, here’s our version of the holiday… Athletic Presidents Day:
10. George W. Bush His first-pitch strike – in a bullet-proof vest — before Game 1 of ’01 World Series at Yankee Stadium is best sports moment ever for a U.S. President
9. Woodrow Wilson Played center field for Davidson College
8. Richard Nixon Scrappy linebacker at tiny Whittier College
7. Jimmy Carter Played baseball and ran cross country in the Navy. A Forest Gump type.
6. Teddy Roosevelt Boxed at Harvard and played tennis on the White House front lawn
5. Ronald Reagan Sure, everyone knows he played football at Eureka College and portrayed “The Gipper” in Knute Rockne – but did you know he also played Grover Cleveland Alexander – who sounds awfully presidential himself – in The Winning Team?
4. George H. Bush Left-handed first baseman led Yale to baseball’s College World Series in ‘48
3. Dwight Eisenhower A linebacker/running back at Army, the “Kansas Cyclone” hurt a knee tackling Jim Thorpe – not Burt Lancaster as Jim Thorpe – in 1912.
2. Barack Obama Lanky lefty (lefty) led Occidental College’s basketball team in scoring in ‘79
1. Gerald Ford All-American center led Michigan’s football team to National Championship in ’33
Come back tomorrow for another